World’s largest sportfishing show, California’s biggest boat show and an international leader in hunting and fishing travel returns to Long Beach Convention Center
What started in 1946 as a sportsman’s show at the Gilmore Stadium in Los Angeles, has now become the world’s largest consumer fishing show, the largest boat show in the western United States, and California’s finest travel and hunting show.
The Fred Hall Showreturns to the Long Beach Convention Center, 300 East Ocean Blvd., from Wednesday March 1 through Sunday, March 5. Tickets are on sale now at www.FredHall.com , or available at the box office week of show.
The Fred Hall Show, “The Ultimate Outdoor Experience”, will feature approximately 1,000 booths throughout the convention center with over 10,000 products on display from the world’s leading outdoor recreation manufacturers. Over 400 seminars will take place during the five days of the show in seven different seminar venues.
“Very few shows can last for 71-years,” said Bart Hall, producer of the Fred Hall Show. “The only way a show can last this long is to take every exhibitor seriously, treat their business as you would your own and always give your attendees exactly what you promise. Part of our business model is to always give a family a full days worth of family entertainment. Kids 15 and under are always free at a Fred Hall Show.”
2017 Show Highlights:
▪ Acres of boats including Fishing Boats, Cruisers, Tow Boats, Pontoon Boats, Deck Boats, High Performance Boats, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards
▪ Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show presented by Progressive
▪ Daiwa Bass Tank, Winn Grips Rod Builders Depot, Hundreds of fishing tackle manufacturer displays and tackle booths, along with the Great American Flip Off casting contest.
▪ California’s largest marine accessories display
▪ Casting ponds and Hobie Kayak demonstration rides at Long Beach Lagoon, plus Hobie Kayak Fishing Theatre
▪ International fishing and hunting travel booths
▪ Accurate Fishing Tackle Saltwater Mobile Aquarium and The Mammoth Lakes Kids Fish Free Trout Pond
▪ Deep Blue Dive Pool - leave your clothes on, step into a “dry suit,” and take a SCUBA lesson without getting your clothes wet. Plus Free dive and SCUBA diving equipment
▪ Shark Tank with 1,000 Mako Shark Hovering Above
▪ The Costa Sporting Chef Café, Scott Leysath, and his singer-songwriter partner Gary Shiebler, will prepare fish and game recipes to share with audience members
▪ Hunter and angler specific vehicles
▪ Air Gun and Archery Ranges
▪ Ram Trucks Ultimate Air Dogs, Rock Climbing Wall
▪ Salt Water Shark Tank with featuring 1,000 Mako Shark Display
▪ Appearances by cast members of Nat-Geo’s “Wicked Tuna”; Capt. Dave Marciano from the boat, “Hard Merchandise” be at the Accurate Saltwater Tank; and Sando Maniaci, first mate of the boat FV Tuna, will be at the Maui Jim booth.
▪ Kim Rhode, the six time Olympic medalist in International Double Trap and International Skeet will appear at the Oak Tree Gun Club during the show. She is the only American to win six individual medals in six Olympic games.
Admission prices are: Adults: $17; Kids: 15 years and younger with paid adult are Free; Seniors (62+): $15; Military (with valid ID): $12 (available at box office).
Show hours are: 1 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday March 1-3; 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Saturday, March 4 and 10 a.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday, March 5.
For more information about this year’s Fred Hall Show visit them online at www.FredHallShow.com.
“We work very hard to make certain that each year’s show is as good or better than the last one,” said Hall. “People think this is just a seasonal event but we literally work 365 days a year to provide what we feel is the best product on the planet. We hope everyone will come on down to the Long Beach Convention Center and experience the Fred Hall Show for themselves.”