Chino Valley Fire District investigators said the cause of a May 31 fire inside a home in the 6300 block of Viola Terrance in Chino Hills was an unattended candle.

Firefighters rushed to the home at 9:38 p.m., finding light smoke coming from the second story of the single-family home, according to spokeswoman Massiel Ladron De Guevara.

“Hose lines were deployed, and the fire was quickly knocked down,” she added. “The residents were not home at the time of the fire.”

No injuries were reported.

Residents are advised to never leave candles unattended.

“Be sure to blow out all candles when leaving the room or going to bed.  It is important to keep candles at least one foot away from anything that can burn,” Mrs. De Guevara said.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.